Are you passionate about making a real impact on the lives of people with mental health needs?
As a Consultant Psychiatrist at Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), you'll lead a collaborative team and provide high-quality care to the vibrant communities of Deal and its surrounding villages.
This is a community-based post where you will work flexibly and collaboratively with two other consultants in the South Kent Coast Community Mental Health Teams. Please note, we also have vacancies based in Dover and Folkestone. Please apply for each vacancy you are interested in.
Successful applicants will ideally have MRCPsych or equivalent and be on, or within six months of inclusion on, the Specialist Register. You will be fully registered with the GMC, and have Approved Clinician status and S12 approval under the Mental Health Act (or achieve this within 3 months of appointment).Main duties of the job
- To provide clinical leadership within the South Kent Coastal Community Mental Health Team alongside two other Consultant colleagues.
- The provide medical input as required to patients under care of the Community Mental Health Team
- To be actively involved in strengthening relationships with external agencies including the local CCG.
- To take an active leadership role in screening of referrals as well as assessment of new referrals jointly with other team members.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability, substance misuse and specialist services across Kent and Medway, with a population of 1.8 million. Each year we care for over 2,000 people in our hospitals and 54,000 people in the community. Our mission is to provide'brilliant care through brilliant people.'
Here are just some of our Benefits:
- A Recruitment Bonus of Â£15,000 and financial support for relocation of up to Â£8,000*
- Easy access to inhouse research team and academic opportunity through Kent's own Medical school
- Generous annual leave and study leave entitlement and access to the fantastic NHS pension scheme
- Flexible working - just ask and we will try to help
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities - We offer doctors at all grades the chance to engage in leadership, educational, research, quality improvement development and seek growth opportunities tailored to their areas of interest
- Free access to an independent counselling service
- Blue Light Card - A discount service for the NHS, with thousands of amazing discounts
- Car lease scheme
- A variety of staff network forums which empower, support and encourage network members and allies, to reflect KMPT values and promote equality and diversity.
*If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment Bonus and/or Relocation Allowance, then please contact our Medical Staffing Team:email@example.com Job description Job responsibilities
It is envisaged that the post holder will work 10 programmed activities (PA) over 5 days. The postholder will join the Consultant on-call rota. This is currently remunerated with 3% Category A supplement and 0.5 PA in addition to 10 PA sessions. Part time or job-share applications are welcome.
For detailed information regarding the role, please refer to the attached job description and person specification. The job description will provide you with the main duties and responsibilities of the role. The person specifications will detail the qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience required for the role.
Please note that you will be required to submit an application form for each post you are interested in applying for.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
Employer details Employer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
Deal Mental Health Centre
Bowling Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.